- Have declared major or minor in accounting
- Have completed ACCT 301 with a B or better, OR
a GPA of 3.0 or higher in a minimum of 9 upper-division accounting hours (including ACCT 301 & 302)
- Have a cumulative GPA in upper-division accounting of at least 3.0
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0, or a GPA of 3.25 in the last 30 hours attempted
- Achieved a rank within the top 35% of your class in general scholarship within the College of Business
- Have been accepted into the Master of Accountancy program, or have declared a major in accounting
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 in upper-division accounting classes
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of at least 3.25
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 in a minimum of 9 upper-division accounting hours (including ACCT 301, 302, & 403, or equivalents) taken at an AACSB accredited institution such as NMSU
- Have achieved a rank within the top 50% of your graduate class in general scholarship within the College of Business or equivalent administrative unit
- $100 the first semester ($65 National and $35 Chapter); $35 each semester afterwards until transition to alumni status, no dues for alumni.
- BAP is a lifetime membership
Pledge Requirements (Click on Link for more information)
- Achieve at least 1200 points
- 450 points of professional activities ( of which at least 300 must be BAP sponsored)*
- 450 points of service activities ( of which at least 300 must be BAP sponsored)*
- 300 points of additional activities either or professional or service*
- Pay $100 Dues ( $35 by October 27th, and $65 by November 17th)
- Join and participate in a Committee
- Attend at least one fundraising event
- Attend the banquet on December 2nd
*Any non-BAP sponsored events have to be approved by our Secretary, Shawna Garcia.
Please submit an application to our BAP Secretary Shawna Garcia, Dr. Billiot the faculty advisor, or Veronica Bicknell. NOTE: Applications must be received and approved in time to perform the required pledge activities for the semester.